The applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a graduating senior of Alpena, Alcona, Cheboygan, Emmet, Iosco, Montmorency, or Presque Isle County or upon completion of your 13th Year/Early College Program.
2. Enroll in a full-time college or other continued education program after high school graduation.
3. Applicant must become a member before scholarship is disbursed.
The applicant must also provide the following:
1. A one-page biographical summary of your background, organizations, interests, goals, and dreams.
2. A copy of your high school transcript
3. Two teacher recommendations
4. One other outside recommendation (employer, church, etc.)
5. Applicant must be an active user with the Zogo financial literacy app through AAACU and have completed at least 10 modules of their choice. For more information on the app visit https://zogo.com/aaacu.
This application must be completed in its entirety to be considered. A personal interview may also be requested of the applicants.
The scholarship committee will set scholarship limits annually. A minimum of ten $1000 scholarships will be awarded.
Please forward your completed application to:
AAACU Scholarship Committee
PO Box 515
Alpena, MI 49707
Or visit www.aaacu.com/scholarship to apply online.
Due Date: April 1, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
If I am awarded this scholarship, I understand that I am required to repay it if I withdraw from or fail to enroll in a college or other continued education program within one year of the award. This requirement will not apply if I am unable to complete my program due to illness or disability.