Who Can Join
Alpena Alcona Area Credit Union has been putting its members first since 1953! That’s why more than 44,000 individuals, families, businesses, and organizations choose Alpena Alcona Area Credit Union.
Open your account with a $5.00 deposit and within minutes have the ability to set up a savings and checking account, apply for a loan and utilize the many convenient features AAACU has to offer – internet, mobile and text banking, remote deposit capture, electronic bill payment, ATM, debit and credit cards just to name a few.
It’s easy to qualify for membership with AAACU...
- Persons who reside, work, own real property, attend school or worship within any county in the State of Michigan.
- Employees of AAACU.
- A spouse of a deceased member if accepted into membership prior to remarriage.
- Any legal entity that is comprised for the most part of the same general group as the membership of the Credit Union as outlined above.
- Immediate families of existing members.
and, it’s easy to join Alpena Alcona Area Credit Union!
Get started online:
- Complete our online application
- Review the identification requirements. (Applications must be accompanied by legible copies of valid identification and a notarized ID form).
- You will be contacted by an AAACU representative to finalize the membership process.
- To help you make the move, use our Switch Kit.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.