Every day, hundreds of people are after your information. Are you safe?
Fortunately, Alpena Alcona Area Credit Union is here to provide you with basic information about that very topic – what we do to protect your information, how you can fight back and what steps you should take if you fall victim to identity theft.
What we do…
To safeguard our member’s money and privacy, AAACU uses the latest internet security technologies – multiple layers of security and protective technologies, including:
- Unique member account numbers
- Complex passwords
- Knowledge-based security questions
- Restricted password/security question retries
- Non-use password expiration
- Inter-Member transfer controls
- Custom site styles
- Session time-limits
- “Last logged in” security message
- Usage history
- Secure online banking message center
What’s more, AAACU offers its members even more control – your own Personal Internet Branch (PIB) With PIB, you call the shots – you decide when and how you want your home banking to behave with security controls designed by you.
It’s your choice…
- What days of the week and times of the day you want your branch to be open for business?
- Which PCs should be able to access your online branch?
- What types of transactions can be performed?
- Are there certain types of transactions that should ask for a confirmation code?
- Should transfers or other transactions be limited to a certain maximum dollar amount?
Choose security…log in now to manage your controls!
What we won’t do…
►We’ll NEVER call, email or otherwise contact you and ask for your user name, password or other online banking credentials.
►We’ll NEVER contact you and ask for your account number, credit or debit card number, PIN or 3-digit security code.
What you can do…
You can deter fraud, detect unusual activity and defend your good name with these simple, yet effective strategies.
- Safeguard your information! Never give out personal information – account numbers, PINs, credit card numbers, social security numbers – unless you know who you are dealing with. Keep your information in a secure place and don’t just throw it away, shred it.
- Fight identity theft by regularly monitoring and reviewing your credit report – get a FREE annual credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Stay safe online, protect yourself! Check out these great online security tips or join the Protection Connection!
- And remember, “Your Credit. Your Identity. They’re Yours for Life.” So let Identity GuardSM help you protect them. AAACU offers Identity Guard through its collaboration with MEMBERS Financial Services to help you fight back against identity theft.
And if the unthinkable still happens…
Defend yourself as soon as you suspect it! And, contact us immediately at 800-443-3577!