Job Openings: Mortgage Originator
|Announcement Date:||November 8, 2018|
|Location of Position:||Alpena, MI|
|Salary:||starting at $29,458.17 annually|
Some of the duties of a Mortgage Originator include:
- Develop and maintain a business referral network through marketing, cold-calling, prospecting and networking activities
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with branch partners – member relationship officers, financial advisors and others
- Deliver consistent exceptional member service by displaying sincere, outgoing and aggressive friendliness
- Ensure an exceptional member experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing ongoing communication to members and mortgage department personnel regarding loan status
- Provide and/or upload complete loan application to mortgage processing department
- Determine borrower’s financing objectives and goals; advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods
- Nurture member relationships to increase engagement and usage of credit union products
- Attend and complete all assigned MLO training activities
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of all mortgage lending programs, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Understand and comply with credit union policy, laws, regulations, and the credit union's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties
- This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements
A Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Alpena Alcona Area Credit Union mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals. A successful Mortgage Loan Originator will provide the highest level of consultative financial service while developing and expanding relationships by cross selling all products and services.
Customer service skills are of prime importance for Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) because they deal with people all day. They must be able to draw information out of existing and potential members and listen patiently to their questions.
College degree or equivalent experience in business, finance, economics, accounting, or related field. Minimum of two years residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business; proven knowledge of the financial industry.
Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending programs/guidelines; understanding of State and Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending; and experience in mortgage processing, underwriting and or closing procedures.
This position will be servicing Alpena, MI and Ossineke, MI.
Our outstanding benefit package includes, but is not limited to: Generous health, vision, and dental package, tuition reimbursement, paid time off & paid sick time, 401(k) matching, life & disability, and competitive wages & incentive pay. Not to mention our fabulous Student Debt Repayment Program, where AAACU pays up to $10,000.00 toward your student loan debts!
How to Apply
Applications and resumes are accepted online.
Directions on how to apply.